PULSE VIEWER, a compact fibre laser pulse detector
PULSE VIEWER is a device for measuring the pulse shape of fibre lasers at wavelengths in the range of 600 to 1650 nm. This particularly covers the 1000-1100 nm Ytterbium fibre laser, the 1400 nm Neodymium fibre laser, and the 1530-1650 nm Erbium fibre laser. Main characteristics:
- Wavelength range: 600 to 1650 nm
- Pulse rise and fall time: < 7 ns.
- Fibre laser signal input: FC/APC adaptor plate.
- Signal output: BNC female connector to oscilloscope
- Two near-IR absorptive filters to adjust the irradiance at the detector
- Maximum pulse energy rating: 10 J, 10 ns, 10 Hz at 1550 nm
- Maximum average power rating: 10 W at 1550 nm
- 50×75 mm² mounting plate with post holder
- Box dimensions: (L×W×H): 40×65×60 mm³
plus FC/APC adaptor, filters, and BNC connector
- Power supply: two CR 2025 or 2032 coin cells
The PULSE VIEWER is particularly helpful for real-time analysis of the quality of laser pulses from fibre lasers. It helps to prevent damages which result from excessive spikes or from non-linear behaviour such as, e.g., Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS).
Ask for a quotation: info(at)opticsense.eu
(replace (at) with @)
Left: laser pulse 200 ns long having good quality. Right: Laser pulse degraded by SBS.